Friday, November 28, 2008

Growing Up

My little girl turned two last week, which is so hard for me to believe. The other day I thought about how fast the last two years have gone, and realized that I am going to blink and have a four year old before I know it!

Each day with my little one brings such a mixture of joy and frustration. My character is growing and growing as the virtues of patience, kindness, and gentleness are tested over and over with each Katelynn tantrum, mis-behavior, or "MOMMY NO!" Likewise, my heart overflows with love and happiness when we have a tickle-fest, when I am pushing a content little girl in a swing, or when she gives me a big bear hug.

Mommyhood has changed me in ways I never could have imagined. Did I really know love before this? Of course I love my husband, family and friends. But the love that one experiences as a parent is downright scary!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Katie--I loved this post! You completely expressed how I feel about mommy-hood too! You're such a great writer! Thanks for expressing how mommy's really feel! :) We are truly blessed to be entrusted with our little ones!

    ReplyDelete