Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Books, Books, Books

Several months ago, it was evident that Katelynn was so tired of her book collection. While it was rather extensive, she had every book memorized. And so did mommy.

So I went off to the library and discovered that I can pull nearly any book from the "juvenile easy fiction" section and it will be a hit. I checked out 20 books and renewed them all twice, so we got to enjoy them for nearly 9 weeks! Out of the 20 random books, I found it interesting that about 5 of them were what I would consider to be "great", 10 were "ok", and another 5 went immediately into the "do not read again" pile. (The pictured book is definitely one of my favorite children's books to date.)

Today I took KK with me to pick out new books. She approached this task with glee. For every one book that I picked out, she was bringing me a stack of 6 or 7. After a few minutes, it was evident we were well over the 20 book goal, and I had to prop her up on the top of a bookshelf to keep her from wreaking havoc on the dewey decimal system. We were in and out of there in less than 10 minutes, and I have to say that Katelynn did a pretty good job with her selections. We enjoyed some new reads tonight.

I started a list of her favorites, in case I ever want to check them out from the library again.
You can find it
here at Amazon Listmania in case you are interested in some good reads for your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment