Thursday, July 23, 2009

Emails from Nanna

Whenever my mom keeps Katelynn, she sends me factual little emails to let me know how things are going. Of course, she understands what it is like to be a mommy and wonder what your child is up to, and whether she is happy. I realized the other day that these emails, when put together, paint a fairly vivid picture of KK's personality. Some of them are pretty darn funny too - at least to me! I decided to include a sampling of these emails here on the blog.
----------------------------
We didn't go to the pool today. She had a blast there yesterday afternoon. She has finally realized the floaties on her arms will keep her up. She delighted in the feeling of weightlessness that comes with floating about. Shewould lift her legs up and lean back and tell me she was "under the covers." I guess she meant it felt like being in bed.
----------------------------
KK is the sweetest girl today. No whining, yelling, or complaining. Maybe she needs that passy in the car every time. She gave it to me when we got home, and she has played with playdough, helped feed Ann's deer, fed my birds, ate lunch, and went peacefully for her nap. I don't think I've ever seen her so sweet, at least not lately. Wonder what caused it so we can make it happen again?
----------------------------
KK insisted we pray at dinner, so we asked her to pray....she decided it in the middle of the meal. She scrunched her face all up with squinty eyes and said, "thank you, God, for everything, amen." At one meal, she leaned out of her chair like a guy would, and let out a huge fart. She's so entertaining. Dad told her when she does that, she needs to say, "Excuuuuuuuuuuuse Me!" So I imagine you'll be hearing that one soon.
----------------------------
She has decided it would be fun to put things (corn, mashed cracker) up her nose. I swatted her hand for that, which brought on the big dramatic scene, squirting tears across the room, crying for Mommy, etc. You might just want to be aware of it, in case she decides to do it more. She has also decided she loves the cheese from the mac and cheese, but she can live without the mac part, so she sucks the cheese off and spits the mac down her belly. At least that's what she did today at lunch. Maybe it will just be a one time thing.
----------------------------
KK ate a whole banana with sprinkles, orange juice, and a serving of cauliflower for breakfast this morning.
----------------------------
If she tells you she had surgery to fix her bad face, she didn't get it here. I don't where she gets some of the stuff she says. She told me she couldn't go out and feed the birds because she had surgery. I asked her what she had surgery for and she said, "To fix my bad face, see.....and then she made an ugly face." Where does she get this stuff?

1 comment: