Friday, July 3, 2009

Water Girl

Katelynn certainly did provide me with some beautiful photos the evening she decided to joyously immerse herself in these bubbles while in the tub. Swimsuit season had not quite yet arrived, but these shots made me eager for our pool days and to enjoy my water bug.

Since these pics, we have been to the pool several times. We have had a great time, but I have been struck by how she has changed from last year. She had zero fear last year and wanted to go down the slides and play with the water squirting apparatuses over and over. And over. She was not old enough to do the slide herself, so it was quite exhausting for me, the mommy.

This year, she still loves the water but has a new apprehension. She could do the slide by herself now but she won't! She could run through most of the kiddie area on her own, yet she clings to me. For some reason, fears have set in.

Is it normal child development, or is it that somewhat whiny cartoon kid
Caillou ? He sure is scared of everything! Maybe it's time to delete that show from the DVR...

No comments:

Post a Comment