Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Sad Good-bye

Warning: This post contains content that may be emotionally disturbing to readers.

This summer, we have made several family trips to the local gourmet ice cream shops. Mmmmmm... Alas, I have noticed an alarming trend after consumption of these divine treats - a crampy tummy ache that lasts anywhere from an hour to all night long. Ugh.

I am forced to face the devastating fact that I seem to be developing some level of lactose intolerance. At least, my body doesn't seem able to handle that super-creamy ice cream served at the shops anymore. So I am giving it up. Sigh.

As a final tribute to gourmet ice cream, I have penned a parting haiku.

Big beautiful scoops
Into my watering mouth
Oh I will miss you

1 comment:

  1. I almost didn't read this post because of the disclaimer! LOL I am sorry for your loss. I may be joining you for a while because Asher is starting to act like he doesn't like when I eat dairy.

    ReplyDelete