Monday, August 4, 2008

Katelynn's Pocket

Katelynn now has her own words for things, and sometimes I have no idea where she picked them up! I have a hunch that some of them came from her Nanna (like "hiney"). I'm sure others come from her time with my friend Dottie, who babysits for her about once a week, or Elmo's World, her beloved TV show. What has been most interesting to me is not so much her ability to learn new words, but the application of those words to new and different situations.

A few days ago we were on the porch playing the hose. Since we were in our backyard I only had her in a swim diaper. She would open the front of it and put the hose down her diaper and exclaim "pocket!" I am sure when she learned the word pocket it was not in relation to squirting water down a swim diaper! It is almost like I can see the little wheels turning in her head. Child development is really amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment