Friday, August 15, 2008

Potty Logic (Or Lack Thereof)

I am getting a glimpse of the frustration of potty training. KK has decided that she is very interested in the potty. But, she obviously doesn't "get" everything about it yet. This is clearly evidenced by the fact that she will announce "pooping", then request to go to the potty with a diaper full of poop.

But I digress. I want her to like the potty so I have to be the little mommy cheerleader. This is what all the books say, yet I frequently find myself wanting to yell....things like:

- Don't touch the pee!
- Don't touch yourself while you pee!
- No more toilet paper! 3 feet is enough!
- Don't remove the potty bucket yourself!
- Don't pee on the floor immediately after getting off the potty!

And the official training has not yet begun. Oh my!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty phenomenal! Katelynn seems pretty ahead of the game for her age! Hayden shows zero interest in using the potty. He will sometimes sit on his potty, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete