Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Return to Scrapbooking!


I have been creating scrapbooks since freshman year of college. Pre-KK, I used to work in long spurts. I would get into a groove and scrapbook six months worth of pictures over the course of a couple of marathon scrapbook weekends.


Enter Katelynn. Many more pictures, much less time. She is nearly two and I had spent the grand total of 4 hours working on my scrapbooks! So, I signed up for a scrapbook marathon at someone else's house. (As all mommies know, the KEY to successful alone time = leave the house). For $35 I got a big table and 3 meals provided - and about 10 hours of uninterrupted time. And KK got a nice day with her daddy.


Sorting, cropping and pasting down all those infant pictures has made me so sentimental. I wish she could turn into a 3 month old baby just for a day so I could remember what it was like to hold my tiny baby girl at 12 pounds! Sniff, sniff.


Since I only made it through approximately month 4, I will have to make time for more of these events in the future. I forgot how much I enjoyed this creative outlet. I like to blog, but I love to scrapbook!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I am right there with you. What I wouldn't give to have a full day to sit down and work on a scrapbook or even a picture book for Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ever a babysitter needed..Me and J can watch that precious little one ;) I LOVE scrappin' as well! Scrapbook Warehouse is a great place to bring your stuff and spread out over their huge tables! Lots of scissors and markers, ect for you to use. Anyway, yaay for your 'mommmy time'!

    ReplyDelete