Saturday, August 16, 2008

Little Helper


Like all toddlers, KK loves to do the things that mommy and daddy and other adults know how to do. She will work so hard to get a battery into a clock, or put her shoes and shorts on herself. I have read that giving toddlers their own little "chores" to do is a good idea, but I don't think I have been too great with execution on that one. I tend to just do things myself rather than risk the potential disaster of allowing a 20 month old to do it.

The other day I needed to get all the groceries inside and actually remembered to let her help. I gave Katelynn a small bag to carry inside. She ran inside with the bag, put it up on the high kitchen counter by herself, then ran back to the garage for another bag. The whole time she chanted "Helping... helping.... helping." Then she cried when there were no more bags.

It was pretty cute. And I will try to find more ways to let her be a little helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment