Thursday, August 14, 2008

Scary Parent Moments

Last week, I went in Katelynn's room to get her up for the day. When I turned on the light, I saw a large puddle of dried blood in the corner. My heart immediately started to pound as I yanked KK from the crib to check her our. No injuries anywhere...nothing scary inside her diaper. After a thorough inspection, I decided she had been chewing on the crib rail (again) and injured her mouth. There was never so much as a peep from her, though!

I wonder how many people would move forward with becoming parents... if they knew beforehand the sheer terror they would feel anytime they think their child is in the most remote pain or danger? (Not that I would ever change anything... but I just got to thinking about that concept.)

I am often shocked by my instinctive reaction of sheer terror to my daughter's real or imagined ailments!

2 comments:

  1. O.K. you've set me up for this one.....Welcome to MY world! I'll warn you, it doesn't end when she's 21, or even 33.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I’m already seeing myself turn into my mother with the things I’m doing with Caedyn.
    I’m already scared that in less than 15 years – she’ll want to DRIVE!

    ReplyDelete