Thursday, December 4, 2008

Clifford Wants a Cookie

KK's latest obsession is a little 10 page paperback book that I received as a hand-me-down, called "Clifford Wants a Cookie." She demands it before both nap time and bed time and insists on taking it into the crib with her all the time.

This little book will not be much longer for the world at this rate. It is already looking pretty ragged. I thought that the internet would come to my rescue, and looked for a hard back edition online. Nope! She has chosen a special edition book that was only printed in soft cover, and can only be found on "rare book" websites - seven bucks or more for a paperback the thickness of a dime!

I checked in at Kinko's and it would have cost 15 bucks to have it laminated and bound! So, I bought a role of contact paper at Wal-Mart and patched it up myself. It will last a lot longer now.
Thanks Pam for the book! Hand-me-down books have been such a blessing with this little reader.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Too cute! I love the classic books--the ones we read as kids and now, that our kids can read too!

    ReplyDelete