Friday, February 27, 2009

The Unique Prayers of a Toddler

Every night I say prayers with Katelynn before bed. We usually pray for Daddy, Nanna, PopPop, Aunt Jen, Uncle Griff, Grandma, and various other friends. She usually also requests to pray for God and Jesus.

Last night she had a new request though.


Me: "KK, what do you want to pray for?"
KK: "CAKE."
Me: "Cake???"
KK: "Yeah, CAKE."
So we prayed for cake. I think that is one prayer request that will come true for her, at least eventually!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why I never thought of that. I love cake. Did she want to thank God for cake, or have him deliver some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows?! I just said "God, we pray for cake." I didn't know what else to say! It felt a little silly but I wanted to honor her request. :-)

    ReplyDelete