Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good Things about Croup ???

So, my little sweetie has croup. The poor thing woke up from her nap yesterday with a fever of 103. This is the first time in her 18 months of life to have a fever that high. Then that deep cough started - which makes her cry every time... and makes her mommy want to cry. Combine that with her refusal to eat, or even drink, very much and this is a stressed out mommy.

Today has been emotionally draining. So, I will focus on the positive! Here are two good things about the croup:

1. I bought a really cute humidifier for KK's room. See picture. It made us both smile. The steam comes out of the cow's ears... heehee. (Normally I would be VERY leery of any electronic type device designed to look like a cute animal, but it was actually very well reviewed on Amazon.)

2. KK is much more snuggly. She was content to sit on my lap with lots of blankets and watch TV today. She would never do this normally! We watched several re-run episodes of "John and Kate Plus 8."

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that Katelynn is so sick. I hope you are all past this soon! On the positive, what a cute humidifier! Makes me want to go get one (if I didn't already have 3!) Also, I'm jealous you get to watch John and Kate Plus 8! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one funny looking cow. If you focus only on the center pink circle (nose?) it looks a big smiley face. Croup is yucky, especially that barky cough. I'm sure KK will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete