Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lettuce Wraps

Gene and I have agreed upon a "one new recipe per week" household policy. Sometimes I get a little carried away with wanting to try new recipes, especially thanks to All Recipes. Gene is pretty picky... he calls himself a super taster thanks to my mom informing him about this "condition." New recipes are a gamble with him. So, once a week is about as adventurous as we can get.

Tonight I made my new recipe of the week - Asian Lettuce Wraps. We both enjoyed them a lot and I was very excited that they came out just like the wraps served at PF Changs.

Here is the recipe link in case anyone else is intrigued! Note that the recipe fails to tell you to mix the meat back in at the end - which you need to do. My only other variations were to use ground pork instead of beef and regular ground ginger instead of pickled. Also, I bought the really hot chile pepper sauce at the Asian grocery store and used 1 tsp of it. That really made the dish, I think.








3 comments:

  1. I read the recipe and can't figure out if in the end you mix the meat back into the onion mixture, or serve them separately. Did I miss something in the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are supposed to mix the meat back in. I think the recipe just left that out by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you making these again? Let us know and we’ll come over! ;-)

    ReplyDelete