Saturday, June 28, 2008

That is One Giant Cupcake

There is a picture of a giant cupcake on the cover of my magazine that I really want to make for July 4th. I was especially excited about it when I realized that you buy a cake form which does most of the hard work for you:

Then you end up with (theoretically) something like this!

I frost about as well as a first grader, so we will see how it turns out. If I can locate the cake form and actually get it made, AND it doesn't look ridiculous, then I will put another post up to brag about my giant cupcake.

2 comments:

  1. The secret to frosting is the kind you use. I have a wonderful recipe that comes out great, and it spreads beautifully. I'll share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Williams Sonoma has that cake pan! I have always wanted to make that cake, but I'm terrible at icing it. Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete