Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our Strange Night Out

Tonight our little peanut is spending the night with Nanna and PopPop. So Gene and I decided to take advantage of the time and go out to Uncle Julio's to enjoy a lazy dinner on their beautiful porch. There would be no little one to stick her hand in the guacamole or other assorted dishes that tend to get spread all over the table at Mexican restaurants.
We had to wait a LONG time for the porch and started to wonder if it was worth it - but it was so pretty outside. We finally got our table. 5 minutes later a strange storm mysteriously appeared.... after many a forecast stating it would be 100 degrees and sunny all week long. We started to get pelted by quite a bit of rain and had to retreat to the interior of the porch. We located a dirty table that had just been abandoned... ages later it got bussed and our fajitas showed up. We joked that the sudden appearance of a rain storm was "just like Kauai."


OK, maybe not.

I was eating my last fajita when suddenly it was soaked. The mother of all storms had appeared, and it made the first storm seem pretty wimpy. Everyone on the porch had to RUN inside. I took my fajita with me and stood inside eating it while the waitress got our check.

Then, we figured we might as well become one with this crazy storm and made our way to the car. I have never been so drenched after 10 seconds in the rain. I stepped in a puddle that went halfway up my calf on the trip to the car.

It was a strange but memorable evening out. We realized on the way home that this if the 4th time in a row we watered the lawn the morning of a big storm. (Gene's response to this was: "DANG!") At least we got to eat our delicious Mexican food!

No comments:

Post a Comment