Friday, June 27, 2008

Important Lesson r.e. Swim Diapers

I am discovering there are many things you learn as a parent that you have absolutely no need to know before you have kids.
Today KK and I had our usual "Pool Friday". As usual I put her in her swim diaper and bathing suit immediately before leaving our house. When I got her out of the car, I carried her on my hip for awhile. It wasn't long before I noticed that she was completely soaked and so was my shirt - from pee. Oh, yet another golden opportunity for me to be covered in bodily fluid!

I should have realized this from looking at one, but they don't absorb too much pee... They are really designed to keep #2 inside should that happen while at the pool. Her car seat cover is in the washing machine as it was drenched as well. Next time we will change at the pool!

2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with Hannah. I didn't realize it until it was too late. We had the same car seat in the washer bit! Why didn't I realize it? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I often wondered to myself how these diapers didn’t swell up when put in water . . .
    Thanks for saving this mama from the same costume change requiring lesson!

    How’s that car seat cover holding up? Sounds like yours has been washed a few times. :-)

    ReplyDelete