Monday, May 26, 2008

The 2008 Summer Dress

I love cute little summer dresses. I usually have to get at least one or two every year when the weather hits the sweltering point (which it officially has...) Even though I have plenty in my closet, of course those pesky designers are coming up with new things all the time, and one feels overwhelmingly compelled by the "gimmees". Gene and I both really liked this one and so I even - GASP - paid full price at my favorite store of all time, Ann Taylor Loft. (I used up the rest of my Christmas money from my parents...I made that money stretch a long time this year!) The other great thing is that I had to keep exchanging it because it was too big until I finally hit size 4. I think it is safe to say it is the only size 4 in my closet though, so it must be a fluke.


Anyway, I thought I would put a picture on my blog so that you can all contemplate how cute I must look in it... and so that we can all make fun of the ridiculous style in 10 years.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You look so different in that dress, I almost didn't recognize you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Taylor Loft is my favorite too. And they are the only brand in MY closet in a size 4 as well. A big pet peeve of mine. I don't like that kind of patronization. I always wonder about the poor people who truly are a size 4 or even a 2. I bet they can't even shop there.
    My own gripe aside, thats a very very cute dress. Next post needs to have YOU in that dress, next to Gene, for your 10th anniversary date!

    ReplyDelete