Sunday, May 25, 2008

Growing Feet!

I am finding fitting the growing feet of a toddler to be a big annoyance. Not to mention - they are pretty darn expensive for something that will only be worn for a few months! $15 for a basic Target shoe... on up to $40+ for the premium Stride Rite shoe- yikes!

I find myself constantly trying to find Katelynn's toes in her shoes. Of course she can't really verbalize whether a shoe is comfortable, so it is a pretty big guessing game.

She has been wearing her size 4.5 Keds a lot lately (hand-me-downs from Kelly and her daughter Lindsay... free shoes are definitely the BEST!) They are nice and sturdy, which is good since she is pretty much running everywhere now. I thought her toe was getting close to the end, but they still seemed ok. So I took her to Stride Rite to have her foot measured. She is pushing past a size 6!! Poor girl has been getting her toes squished.




Anyway, she will soon outgrow her Teva hand-me-downs (pictured) which I LOVE. I may have to break down and buy those in the next size up pretty soon.

2 comments:

  1. seems to be payback time in the shoe department already......

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same issue! Growing feet! I might need to have Hannah measured again. Yikes! I feel for her toes all the time but I suspect she squishes them up when I am looking.

    ReplyDelete