Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pacifier Update!

So, some of you may remember my previous post lamenting KK's addiction to her pacifier. She was getting worse as she developed because she learned how to ask for it ALL the time!

I knew it had to stop. So I took my mom's advice and a couple of weeks ago restricted it to "night night" time only. I was actually amazed how quickly she caught on to and accepted the new rules. It was almost immediate! I think sometimes we parents worry too much; our kids are pretty adaptable.

Now every morning she puts it in her dresser drawer after her diaper change and we clap and say "bye bye piepie" (her nickname for it). And I have quit bringing it out and about - not even to the church nursery. YAY! I guess eventually I will have to deal with getting it away from her at night too, but I am not going to worry about that for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for the night night paci. We did that too. I was also surprised how easily they adapted to it. We've been paci-free since Sarah got rid of hers and it's weird how I react to them now. On babies I think they are so cute but with toddlers I find myself wondering why they still have them. Especially when they are trying to talk with it stuck in the side of the their mouth.

    ReplyDelete