Friday, May 2, 2008

Creative Housework


Katelynn loves to get into the hiking backpack. I discovered that she is a content little girl to sit back there for 1 or 2 hours while mommy does housework! So this has become our new method for vacuuming, picking up around the house, etc. The only problem is that I can only do a limited amount of deep squats before those extra 25 pounds on my back are a little too much for my quads - so no chores that involve getting things off the floor like laundry.
(Note: Picture is old - from our Colorado trip when she was only 10 wee months old! And I don't use the sunshade in the house of course...but you get the idea.)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We have a backpack too, but I don't think I"m strong enough to have it AND Hayden on my back...I usually leave that to Phil to wear. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. We still haven’t mastered the “back carry” though and there’s only some much you can do with the “front carry”. Maybe we can be copy-cats soon though! :-)

    ReplyDelete