Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It Was Not a Rock

Today we made our daily excursion outside, where Katelynn likes to wander the sidewalks after her afternoon nap. It is like one huge toy box for her; she is supremely happy when outside. She likes to pick up rocks, sticks, snail shells, and other random items and show them to me while saying "ooooh". Today she showed me a boring rock and quickly put it back in her little clenched fist. Later she tried to put the rock in her mouth (no surprise). It was then that I discovered it was not a rock...it was a hard piece of dog poop. Ewwwwwwwww..... It was reminiscent of the time I, as a child, found a very colorful and beautiful rock in our neighbor's backyard. Our neighbor later explained to my mom that their dog was fond of eating boxes of crayons!

Well at least I got it away from her before it went IN her mouth! And we had an extended hand washing session upon returning indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment