Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Favorite Diaper Bag

My favorite diaper bag is, of all things, the free one that Similac gives out while you are at the hospital. It is very boring and un-cute, but I have not been able to find one that can touch it in terms of form and function. Then, after about a year of use I decided it needed a good washing and threw it in the washer. It hasn't been the same since.

So I bought one on ebay and had a very bad transaction. The "brand new" bag arrived reeking of smoke, and with a rip in the bottom! Fortunately I was able to get a refund, but for awhile there I thought I was about to experience my first ebay ripoff. It was a sigh of relief.

Then Cheree came to the rescue - she didn't want her free Similac bag. She donated it to me and I got it from her Friday at lunch - THANKS CHEREE!

In trying to find a picture of my bag via google images (I'm too lazy to just take one and upload it...) I came across a very interesting campaign to get rid of the free bags:

OK, puhleeze... I am thankful for my free and well designed bag, and - newsflash - the bag had no influence whatsoever on me since I still chose to breastfeed. Does anyone think that a couple cans of free formula in a diaper bag would actually be a decision maker for a new mom on this issue? The last time I checked, we are absolutely surrounded by marketing of all types in our society.

1 comment: