Sunday, March 2, 2008

Renewed Appreciation for Nanna


Nanna (my mom) usually watches Katelynn once a week while I go to work. She is having knee replacement surgery... So I knew I would be nanna-less for a couple of months since she will need no-baby-lifting recovery time. So Katelynn now goes to "Kids Day Out" at a nearby church once a week so that I can go to work for a bit.

I have always appreciated my mom immensely for her dedication to watching Katelynn. She wakes up at 4:30 in the morning and drives an hour from her house to mine, then watches a demanding kiddo for 9 hours, then stays for dinner so the horrendous metroplex traffic can clear. So she doesn't get back home till after 8:00 pm.
But, I never had to get Katelynn delivered somewhere until this past week. That creates a lot more preparation in making sure I have her blanket, food, sippy cup, pacifier, etc. (I know many of you reading this already knew that...but this is new for me!) Kids Day Out is only 5 hours long, too. This meant I had to book it to work, keep my head down working my tail off for 4 hours, then book it back to pick her up. No more time for lunch with Gene, or my weekly trip to get cheap stuff at CVS with the grocery game.

So mom, I appreciated you before but now I do EVEN MORE! XOXOXO to Nanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment