Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Memorable Gift


Gabe, a friend from work, left the most beautiful gift on my desk this week. It is a large spiral notebook, bound in a very pretty pink cover complete with Katelynn's name in calligraphy and her 1 year picture on the front.

Along with the gift he left a note: "One of the most fun and gratifying memories for me and Mark was watching his writing progress. I hope you'll enjoy watching Katelynn's." (Mark is Gabe's son who is now in college and is Gabe's pride and joy.)

Gabe doesn't even know that writing has been a long-time passion of mine and always what I excelled at in school, so this gift really meant a lot to me. Now I have a special place to document Katelynn's writing samples in the upcoming years, starting with her first scribbles all the way to her college application essay. I also have a great future gift idea to steal from Gabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment