Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Officially a One Nap Baby


Oh, the transition stages of naps. For a couple of months now, we have been in the one-nap-a-day versus two-naps-a-day transition. Each day, mom (that would be me) makes a random judgment call on what we will do that day. Sometimes I call it right. Often I am wrong... and if I tried for the one nap, she is crashing out on a car ride... or if I tried for the two naps she refuses to take one of them and screams her head off in her crib for 30 minutes. I know you always read that you are supposed to look for "signals" they give off that they are tired. Maybe I am just not perceptive enough; I don't ever recognize them properly it seems!

Anyway, lately it has FINALLY become apparent that we can consistently do one nap a day. I kind of miss getting two breaks, but at least I know what each day will bring. The only crummy thing is that sometimes she seems to think that a one hour nap is enough. I pray for two hours. Sometimes I get lucky and she will go 2.5 hours.

Now I just have to hope she holds onto this one for awhile, unlike some of my friends who have 2 year olds trying to completely drop their naps already!

1 comment:

  1. I’m a little slow myself at understanding “the signs” (unless it’s the “past the point of tired” sign – everyone understands that one from Caedyn)!
    They do grow up way too fast. What happened to my tiny baby?! I’m already nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete