Saturday, March 22, 2008

OUTSIDE

I can tell it is coming...Katelynn has nearly figured out how to say the word "Outside." It is all over after that; it is all I am going to hear from her little mouth. This child would spend her every waking moment in the outdoors if it were up to her. She gets irritable inside, wants nothing to do with the TV... I know these are good things, but her mom is more of an indoor girl! I enjoy our daily walk, and a little bit of playtime in the yard, but I have my limits. Plus I'm the one that has to fix all the meals, keep the house clean, get the laundry done, etcetera.

There is an adorable little blonde girl in our neighborhood named Peyton. She has those gorgeous platinum ringlets all over her head. She has been running around outside since she was teeny. She has two brothers that are much older than her, and she is always following them around. The other day, Gene said "I wonder if Katelynn is going to be like that little blonde girl?"

It is a good thing we live in a moderate climate. Even if we didn't, Katelynn wouldn't care. But it would be all the harder on me if I had to take her out in 30 degree weather every day! Maybe this is another reason we need to move to Hawaii. I would want to go outside all the time too if we lived there. :-)

Forecasts for DFW versus Hawaii below.
DFW's isn't too bad, but Hawaii's is better!

1 comment:

  1. So – did you say you liked Hawaii? I didn’t know. j/k!!
    We don’t want you to move – but if you do, be sure you have a guest bedroom because we’ll come see you at least once a year! :-)

    ReplyDelete